DIY, Dekoration, Philosophisches, Kissen, Kids und alles, was das Leben schöner macht

Donnerstag, 17. Januar 2013

we are social at imm_Cologne

Going to Cologne for imm_Cologne was one of those decisions you'll never regret. I went there last Monday to join the wearesocial Event hosted by imm_Cologne and Holly Becker from decor8. Listening to 6 blogger rockstars was such an experience. For all those of you who didn't have the chance to take part I want to share a few impressions, blogs and ideas with you today.

 I simply love this sofa and one of the things I learned at the fair was that blue is the color of the year 2013.


This chair, voted for the interior innovation award 2013, is my favorite. It is so simple but comfortable as can be and I can imagine myself easily sitting in this chair at home. The industrial lamps are on my wishlist for our kitchen.





Aren't these lamps simply adorable? I've always loved this kind of lamp since I spotted one in my friend's house years ago.

My personal highlight of the fair was the wearesocial-event though. Holly Becker guided through the presentations of several experienced bloggers such as Frederik Frede (CEO/Founder, Freunde von Freunden, Berlin), Costas Voyatzis (CEO, Yatzer, Athens), Micle Mihai-Cristian (CEO, Freshome, Timişoara), Ferdinando Napoli ( CEO/Co-Founder of Edilportale.com, Archiportale.com, Archiproducts.com and Archilovers.com), Will Taylor (Bright Bazaar, London) and Stefanie Luxat (Ohhh… Mhhh…, Hamburg). Meeting those bloggers in person and listening to their success story was so inspiring to me and I want to share a few things I learned from them with you, today: I discovered that Micle from Freshome does exactly what I would have done if the internet and blogs had already existed 20 years ago. It was back then when I collected pictures of dreamhomes and furniture that I liked in a special folder. Being in my teens and twenties I realised my special interest in interior design but as life flowed I studied economics and literature instead. "I have no special talent. I'm only passionately curious". That's exactly how I feel about my blog and while highly recommending these blogs to you, if you love interior design, I want to say thank 
you for reading and following my blog. It really means a lot to me!

You can see more inspiring pictures of imm_Cologne here, (Holly writes about texture, colors and bathroom design - a topic very inspiring to me because we are planning to redesign our bathroom), here (Ricarda seems to like the same sofa as I do) and here (I love the color trends which Gudy has covered in her blog post).
As to color, what do you think about purple and mustard yellow for your home as shown by Will on Bright Bazaar here? I love the combination!

Which are your favorite colors for spring?



Kommentare:

  1. Ach, Mensch, da haben wir beide in der gleichen Konferenz gesessen und uns gar nicht bemerkt? Das ist ja schade! Und auch die gleichen Stände scheinen wir besucht zu haben:-) Danke für's verlinken, freut mich sehr!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Ja, wirklich schade. Beim nächsten Mal komme ich mit Namensschild ;), dann können wir uns nicht verpassen.

      Löschen
  2. What a fun day you had, meeting and listening to so many great people. I wish I could've gone as well. I just clocked over to Bright Bazaar because I wasn't sure about the color combination but it looks great. My love of yellow is still going strong, it just makes me happy...

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. It really was amazing. Glad you like the colors as much as I do. Will always has great color ideas. As he states, he is the one hooked on hue.

      Löschen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...